February 19, 2009

Street Food



If you walk the streets of Belfast in the early hours of the morning you will see two things, containers of take out food that look untouched and a few steps further....piles of vomit.

And I'm not talking about seeing these once in a while, every single time I go out I see little boxes of fish & chips or Turkish kebabs just sitting on a ledge in perfect order with just one bite missing. I could start a whole blog with just photos of uneaten food on the streets.

I assume what is happening is a collage student is on his way home from a party, sees a restaurant and thinks "I'm hungry, a kebab would sure hit the spot." So he goes in, manages to order, walks for a bit and decides to take one bite but as soon as that bite hits his stomach he says "Oh man...what was I thinking! I'm going to be sick!" He sets his food down and runs for it and ends up vomiting all over the sidewalk.

All the wasted food bothers me, I should start going out at night to follow drunk people around so I can collect their uneaten food. :-)

The above photo was taken this morning just a few steps down from our front door.

No comments:

Post a Comment